Miss Lisa got a cat nap in this afternoon after a super packed busy morning and early afternoon. Praise the Lord! I needed it.
I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks. What Miss Lisa has learned:
- Get the kids up 30 minutes before I think I need to get them up.
- Praise the good behavior, a lot.
- Confront the bad behavior – every time.
- Let them work out 88.7% of their squabbles.
- McDonald’s salads maybe as fine of dining I get now days but happier kids are worth it.
- Not all pediatricians have great bedside manner.
- Give the kids the agenda and expectations before hand.
- Follow through on threats of consequences.
- Let them participate in determining punishment for disobedience.
- Be the advocate – pushy mom’s get results.
Here’s hoping the rest of this Christmas break goes as good as today did. It was a really good day.